Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Makeup Looks using MUFE Flash Palette

I first saw this Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Flash Palette when I went to New York in August. It was in the Sephora store on Times Square. I immediately fell in love with this palette, but after seeing the price ($93) I couldn't buy it right away. I figured I would come back sometime during the week, and if I really wanted it I would buy it (I tend to do this a lot). Anyway, I came back a few days later after convincing myself that I really should spend my vacation money on this one item -- only to find that they were sold out! :(

I tried to buy this on Sephora.com too at some point, but they were sold out. Then, last Monday I went shopping with one of my best friends (who's back home for winter break and wanted to go to San Francisco). We stopped by Sephora in Union Square, and there it was!!!



At first, I thought $93 is too much to spend on one item from Sephora, but this palette is worth it. It comes with a good amount of product -- you would have to buy around 14 MAC Paint Pots to get the same amount ($16.50 per Paint Pot x 14 = $231!). Anyway, this post wasn't meant to be a review -- I'm just really excited that I finally picked this one up and realized that it's a pretty good deal!

Here are the first two looks I came up with using the silver and gold flash colors:

Smokey Black and Silver

MAC Paint Pot in Blackground (I just bought this so I wanted to try it -- you can use the black color in the MUFE palette instead)
MUFE Flash Color in Silver
Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette (Christmas present from my parents!)


Here's my younger sister with the gold look:
Smokey Cranberry and Gold

MUFE Flash Color in Gold
MAC Goldmine e/s
MAC Amber Lights e/s
MAC Cranberry e/s
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
:B

No comments: