Monday, March 16, 2009

Gold and Black Makeup Look

I wanted to play with my Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette again. I ordered it from Coastal Scents last November, but I haven't really been using it much until now. I don't know why I didn't use it sooner -- the colors are really pigmented, especially for the price!

Here's how my Gold and Black makeup look turned out:



When I use a lot of color on my eyes, I try to keep my lips as neutral as possible. I usually like to either make my eyeshadow pop out or my lipstick stand out, not really both at the same time.


EYES
MAC Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" (can you tell by now that this is my favorite paint pot? haha)
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette (4th row, 2nd column gold on inner to center lid, up to browbone; 8th row, 11th column black on center lid to outer corner)
MAC e/s in "Femme Fi" (as highlight on outer and inner browbone only)
MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Lucky" (apply lightly on lower lash line)


Here's the Coastal Scents palette again so that you can look up which colors I used:


CHEEKS
MAC blush in "Enough Said"
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle"

LIPS
Lancome l/s in "Luxe" (this was a free gift last month)
Benefit 24k Lipstick (on top of Luxe; released at Sephora in a Holiday 2008 gift set)

Also, I have enabled email notifications on my blog! If you would like to receive emails with my new posts, please enter your e-mail address in the "Subscribe via email" box on the right. :)

No comments: