Friday, March 20, 2009

MAC Sugarsweet Haul and Swatches


I had a very long week filled with midterms and homework, and now that I'm officially on Spring Break (as of 3PM today), I went to the mall after school and hauled these items from MAC's Spring 2009 collection called Sugarsweet.

Here are the swatches of the items I purchased:

(click on image to enlarge)
I initially wanted to buy Red Velvet shadestick, but after trying it on I decided to get something I would use more often. So instead of the pinkish-red color, I got Butternutty (light white gold color similar to Beige-ing shadestick) and Penny (copper color similar to Indianwood paint pot). Butternutty is a great highlighter color as well as a base color for your entire lid.
Here's how Dear Cupcake looks over Red Velvet (Sugarshot e/s is on the top without any base, Dear Cupcake over Red Velvet is on the bottom):

Dear Cupcake e/s looks just as pretty over Butternutty as it does over Red Velvet -- it just ends up looking like light pink rather than hot pink.

The 5 lipsticks from this collection are awesome. I wish I could have bought all of them. I ended up getting three, because I couldn't decide which one I wanted most (this is where a shopping buddy would have come in handy haha).

This is how I eventually convinced myself to get all three lipsticks:

1) I don't have any lipstick that looks like Bubbles. This light creme color would look great when I wear dramatic smokey or colorful eye shadow. Also, Bubbles applied on top of any lipstick will make the overall color lighter.

2) Lollipop Loving is the lipstick I originally wanted to get (after reading other reviews online). I have been into peach-colored lipstick lately, and this one has green shimmer in it. Too cute!

3) Touch lipstick is a very nice natural color. It's the perfect shade of brown -- not too dark and not too light. Also, this color matches really well with the shadesticks I already decided on getting.

So there you have it! Definitely check out this collection!

:B

(P.S. I'm off to Australia tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find some local brand drugstore makeup to blog about!)

No comments: