Monday, March 9, 2009

The Story of Me and My Lancome Foundation

When I worked at my first job in high school, I was so excited to get my first paycheck. As soon as I cashed the check in, I bought two items -- a titanium Yonex tennis racket (like what Martina Hingis was using back then) and Lancome Photogenic foundation. It was my first time trying a foundation that was not from a local drug store (Loreal True Match, Revlon Color Stay, etc.). When I tried it on my face, I absolutely loved it. However, I only bought that one bottle, because I was saving for my first year at UC Berkeley. Repeatedly paying $30 for foundation was going to be a bad habit I could not afford at the time.

Over the years, I kept that same empty foundation bottle so that 1) I could remember my shade (so that when I graduated from college and got a good paying job, I could run to the nearest Macy’s and buy them in bulk) and 2) it was a nice memory to remind me of the days when I worked at a toy store making minimum wage and saving for the little things that I wanted. Now that I'm older and have worked at a few places (and saved, lol), I buy this foundation all the time. I even keep some in stock just in case I might run out.

About a year ago, Lancome replaced Photogenic with Photogenic Lumessence. Fortunately, I still like it just as much as the old formula. I’m on my second bottle now, and I use it everyday.

So what I was originally getting at with all of this is that every couple months, Macy’s gives a free makeup gift with any $29.50 Lancome purchase. Every time they have one, I end up buying a new bottle of my foundation and getting a new gift. The most recent gift was this Lancome Chic Travel free gift that came out last month:

Here’s a look I did using the free Lancome makeup (and some MAC blush of course haha):


EYES
Lancome Color Design e/s quad (Latte, Waif, Mannequin, and The New Black)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack as e/l

CHEEKS
MAC Hello Kitty blush in Fun & Games
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle

LIPS
Lancome Le Rouge Absolu l/s in Luxe

Next time Lancome has a free gift, you should definitely check it out (and Lancome Photogenic Lumessence too)!


No comments: