Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Smokey Purple Makeup Look + Maker Faire Haul


I got a cute purple shirt from Maker Faire over the weekend (pic at the end), so I came up with this smokey purple look using MAC "Shadowy Lady" for the first time.


I don't know why I didn't get "Shadowy Lady" earlier -- it's a beautiful dark plum shade, like an eggplant.


Here's what I used:

EYES
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme in "Lilac Petals" (lower lid to just above crease)
MAC E/S in "Digit" (inner corner)
MAC E/S in "Parfait Amour" (center lid)
MAC E/S in "Shadowy Lady" (outer V)
MAC E/S in "Vanilla" (highlight)
Loreal HiP creme E/L in "Eggplant" (upper lash line)
Lancome Oscillating Mascara

CHEEKS
MAC Powder Blush in "Harmony" (contour)
MAC Beauty Powder Blush in "Stark Naked" (on apples of cheeks and blend just above "Harmony")
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium/Natural and Shimmer (shimmer just above apples, powder on T zone -- forehead, nose, and chin)

LIPS
MAC L/S in "Lavender Whip"



This is my haul from Maker Faire 2009 in San Mateo, CA. If you haven't heard of Maker Faire before, it's the world's largest DIY (Do It Yourself) festival. It's a two-day event filled with several exhibits and DIY kits for sale. It's a wonderful environment for learning, being creative, and exploring arts, crafts, engineering, science, and technology. As a nerdy girl, I really appreciate events like this and seeing little kids really getting into techonology. <3


I really liked the crafts that I saw, and I wanted to make my own. So I got two Made By Moxie needle felting kits. One is a kit to make 2 rings and a pin ($20), and the other kit is a needle felting booster pack with 15 pretty colors and 10 needles ($27). I also got a book with cute projects to make necklaces, scarfs, dolls, etc ($19.99). Also, I couldn't resist this carrot bunny called Plinki made by Planet Tokki ($12).


Close up of Plinki. Isn't he adorable?!? Hae Eun Park, the "maker" of Planet Tokki, was sewing it by hand when I bought it.


Here's the cute purple shirt I mentioned in the beginning of my post. It's by Fat Rabbit Farm. The design is called "Sweet Rain Tank w/Ruffle", and it's $30.


I just love the expression on the bunny's face. It's how I would look like if it was raining ice cream and treats!


I like the back as well with the criss-cross action going on. haha :) This one is limited edition, so buy one soon if you want one too! You can find it here.

Wow, this was a long post! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it! Maker Faire is amazing, and I hope that you all get to check it out sometime! :)

No comments: