Sunday, May 24, 2009

Black and Purple Makeup Look


I ended up returning my MAC refill pan E/S in "Sketch", because it turns out Sketch has red pigment in it, which irritates my skin. :| So I got 3 other colors to replace it (lol -- I need to work on one for one exchanges). Now I have refill pans in "Brule", "Shadowy Lady", and "Black Tied". I am wearing two of those three for this look.


I wore this with a plain purple tank top from Old Navy, flowy black capri pants from Forever 21, and a black scarf from Myers Department Store in Australia.


EYES
MAC Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" (all over lid)
MAC E/S in "Brule" (highlight)
Milani E/S in "Shock" (crease and middle lower lash line)
MAC E/S in "Black Tied" (entire lower lid and outer lower lash line)
(optional) lilac concealer on the inner lower lash line/tear duct to brighten the eyes
MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"

CHEEKS
MAC Beauty Powder Blush in "Stark Naked"
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium/Natural and Shimmer (shimmer just above apples, powder on T zone -- forehead, nose, and chin)


LIPS
MAC L/S in "Lavender Whip"

I'm off to Mendocino, CA for the long weekend. I know they have a bunch of trees and beaches there, but I'm not sure if they have internet haha If any of you are planning to go there, make sure to stop by Glass Beach -- it's a place where good ole Mother Nature corrected a man-made mistake. The beach used to be a public dump, but it was later closed in the late 60s when people realized what they were doing to the beach. Now it has been reclaimed, and all the glass that was once thrown out is now colorful rocks that sparkle in the sun. I'll take a picture when I get there, and I'll share it with you all soon!

2 comments:

JamNotJelly said...

Wow I really love this one! Gorgeous!

Nerdy Girl Makeup said...

Thanks! :)