Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Estee Lauder Double Wear Swatches and EOTD


I've been looking for Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme in "Sea Mist" and "Lilac Petals" for a couple months now. I usually see "Lilac Petals", but rarely "Sea Mist". I wanted to wait to buy them until I could get both at once. Last Saturday, I went shopping with my mom, sister, and my sister's bf who is a Navy officer. He took us to the commissary and exchange for the first time, and I found both of these colors there. I also bought them much cheaper there (and it was also tax free), so it came out to be $14.90 USD each (compared to $17.50 plus tax at other retail stores).


The reason why I've been searching for these colors is because I want to use them as primers. I don't have any MAC Paint Pots that are similar to these shades, so I wanted to give it a try. Estee Lauder is the parent company of MAC, so I figured these would work well. They really do stay in place, and the colors are gorgeous!

I'm wearing "Sea Mist" in this EOTD. I applied it to the lower lid, and then I put MAC E/S in "Aquadisiac" on top of it. I used MAC E/S in "Vanilla" as highlight, and I lined my upper lash line with Loreal HiP creme E/L in "Teal".

UPDATE ON GLASS BEACH: I mentioned in my last post that I was going to see Glass Beach near Mendocino, CA, and I did. However, it didn't turn out the way I expected. I guess there has been so many visitors there since the 70s that the glass rocks have greatly diminished. :(

Here's a picture of it now (you can still see a few glass rocks here and there):


And here's how it looked like back then:


I wish I could have taken a picture like that!

Hope you all had a great long weekend!

No comments: