Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mineral Magic Cosmetics Swatches


I had the opportunity to try 27 samples from Mineral Magic Cosmetics. These samples along with 2 really nice brushes (a double-ended brush for eyes and a powder buffer) are part of the Ultimate YouTube Kit that I received in the mail last week (thanks Kellie!).

Here are the swatches (click images to enlarge)!

I will experiment with some of the pinks on my cheeks. They are gorgeous!


These hi-lite colors look white in the container, but when you apply it on your skin, you can see the actual colors.


These colors are very pigmented! Telly is a good dupe for MUFE #92 E/S.

I grouped these colors together, because they are great for summer bronze and tropical looks. Isn't that "Bird" color just amazing?!? It's so vibrant! (It made me think of Big Bird from Sesame Street haha)

I do recommend using an eyeshadow base/primer (as I do with pretty much all makeup anyway) as it will help reduce fallout. I used MAC Luna Creme Colour Base underneath all of these swatches. I will be playing with these samples for a while, so you'll probably see these show up in upcoming FOTDs. :)

From my experience so far, these Mineral Magic Cosmetics makeup are buildable and easy to blend too. I do end up with some fallout, but that tends to happen when I use loose pigments and mineral makeup in general. A good trick is to apply loose powder on your cheeks before you apply your eyeshadow -- this way the fallout will just sit on top of that powder and not set on your skin. Then you can just brush away the powder along with the fallout when you're done.

If you want to buy the YouTube kit as well, make sure to enter "youtube" in Notes To Seller at checkout to get free extras! The samples I have include all of Mineral Magic Cosmetics' new products as well as some unlisted colors to date. If there is any color here that you want specifically that you do not see on their website, email Kellie at MineralMagicCosmetics@hotmail.com.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: