Friday, April 3, 2009

Colorful Spring Makeup Tutorial

I'm wearing colorful makeup today, because the weather has been nice and sunny. Also, Easter is just around the corner, and the colors remind me of Easter eggs I used to color when I was little -- purple, pink, and pastel blue.
I wanted to try something different with this post -- a picture tutorial! The lighting where I took the pictures isn't too great, and I didn't use flash, so the colors don't look as vibrant as they actually are. The purpose of the pictures is more to show you where the colors go and the type of brushes I used. Let me know what you think. Comments/suggestions are always welcome :)

Step 1: Apply a primer on your entire lid. I used MAC Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" (my current favorite), and I applied it with a concealer brush from Sephora.

Step 2: Apply Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Flash Color in "Turquoise" on entire lid. I used a Royal brand brush from Michael's that was about $2.


Step 3: Apply a light blue color on top of the MUFE flash color. I used the Coastal Scents 88 palette (the one with mainly matte and some shimmer), 2nd row from the top, 6th column from the left. The brush I am using is a 3/8 Loew-Cornell 270 Maxine's Mop brush from Michael's (a great dupe for MAC 239 brush, and this one is only about $4).


Step 4: Using MAC 226 brush, apply the pink e/s from the 3rd row, 7th column in the same Coastal Scents palette. The MAC 226 brush is from the Blonde, Brunette, Redhead collection that released early this year. The brush was sold out when I tried to buy it here in the US, but they had it in Australia when I was there last week (since it launched recently there). If you don't have this brush, MAC 224 will work as well or any other fluffy blending brush.


This is how it should look like after you apply the pink color on your crease.


Step 5: Using the same brush from step 4, take some of the purple e/s on the 8th row, 8th column in the same Coastal Scents palette. Apply the color to the outer V of your eye lid. This will create some depth.


Blend, blend, blend!


Step 6: Apply MAC Sugarshot e/s on the brow bone. I used an eye shadow brush from the Sephora pink brush set.


Step 7: Using a MAC 209 brush, apply gel liner to your upper lash line. I used Loreal HiP creme liner in "Eggplant".


I extended the line a little further. Add a flick if you want!


Step 8: Line the lower lash line with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Covet. I used a Q-tip to soften and blend the line afterward.


Step 9: Take some of the same light blue e/s from step 3 and apply on the lower lash line. I used a MAC 266 brush.


Step 10: Using the same brush from step 9, dab some of the purple e/s from step 5. Apply the color on the outer lower lash line and blend to the center lower lash line.
Next, curl your lashes, apply mascara, fill in eyebrows, and you're done! It should look something like this :)
I'm wearing MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in "Love Thing" on my cheeks and MAC L/S in "Lavender Whip" on top of MAC L/S in "Violetta" on my lips.
Have a great Friday night!

No comments: