Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MAC Pro Refill Haul

I went to the freestanding MAC store in Burlingame, CA last Sunday. Of all the MAC locations nearby, I like this one the most because it's almost always not busy. There's only about 1 or 2 other customers in the store when I go (and I have only gone on weekends so far). The only negative is that they close a lot earlier than other stores. But the good news is that there's a Sephora only a few steps away that stays open a little later. :)

Here's what I hauled:


MAC Pro Colour Blush Palette (holds 6 blush refill pans)
MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush Pro Refill Pan in "Dollymix"
MAC Sheertone Blush Pro Refill Pan in "Blushbaby"
MAC Sheertone Blush Pro Refill Pan in "Peaches"
MAC Pro Colour E/S Palette (holds 15 eye shadow refill pans)
MAC Pro E/S Refill Pans in (from top to bottom, left to right): "Tete-A-Tint", "Yogurt", "Knight Divine", "Omega", and "Satin Taupe".


Click on the image above to see the blushes up close. From left to right, "Peaches", "Blushbaby", and "Dollymix". This is the first time I'm trying the blushes in refill pans. Each one is $15 USD. They are normally $18, so I'm saving $3 by buying the refill pans (though the blush palette was $12). If you're new to MAC blushes, I definitely recommend starting off with a peach blush and a pink blush like "Peaches" and "Dollymix" -- those will be enough to match a majority of makeup looks.
As for the e/s palette -- my boyfriend bought that for me including the 5 e/s refill pans I mentioned above (palette $12, e/s refill pans $11 each). It's part of his anniversary gift to me (coming up this Thursday). We've been celebrating every month for 2+ years, and I guess we just haven't gotten tired of it yet. :)

I'm trying to switch over as much of my makeup to these palettes now so that I have more room in the bathroom. I now have three e/s palettes (including this new one) and one blush palette. They all look the same though from the outside, so I'll probably label them with some stickers.
If you're interested in going the MAC Pro refill pan route, just remember that not all MAC locations sell the pro refills. MAC counters at Macy's, Nordstrom, and other department stores most likely do not carry these refills. Visit a freestanding MAC store or MAC Pro store near you!

No comments: