Monday, April 13, 2009

Stila Precious Pearl Palette Swatches + Thoughts


I was initially pretty excited about this Stila eye shadow palette, because I really liked how the swatches turned out (on top of a base). However, the colors were actually a lot nicer on my hand/arm than they were on my eye lids. I wore the four eye shadows from the left, but I wasn't impressed. And to make things worse, my eyes got extremely irritated -- I'm not sure whether it's the crushed pearl or not. I wear contacts, and I have never experienced that type of irritation with any other product.


I ended up returning it at Sephora -- no questions asked. I used the money I got back to buy a U-Pick Prescriptives quad e/s refillable compact at Macy's (they have a buy 3 get 1 free deal). I haven't tried Prescriptives before, but I figured after how bad my eyes were feeling, something that sounds like a medical term would be worth a shot. :)

After what I went through, I don't really recommend this product. In case you do buy this Stila Precious Pearl palette, just be careful with your eyes! My vision is bad enough already :\

No comments: